Admission Requirements - PhD Studies
The applicant chooses the dissertation topics, which are published by the departments in the relevant study programmes.
DISERTATION THESIS, for the next academic year, will be published at the end of the March of the actual academic year.
The application form for PhD studies is given by the Ministry of Education, Science, Research and Sport of the Slovak Republic: "Application for university studies, PhD - third degree". It is available in specialized print shops (ŠEVT) or on the website of the Ministry: https://www.minedu.sk/odporucane-formulare-a-prihlaska-na-vs/
If an electronic application form is filed in, the application form must be printed and submitted with the other attachments to the Dean of the Faculty of Wood Sciences and Technology, TU in Zvolen, TG Masaryk 24, 960 53 Zvolen or personally to a PhD Study Department of the Dean's Office, the main building of TU in Zvolen, ground floor, Door A003.
Attachments to the application form:
- Certified copies of study documents (university diploma, state examination certificate, diploma supplement) – applicants, who finish the Master degree in a given year will provide documents after the graduation
- Curriculum vitae (CV)
- A copy of admission fees payment confirmation - 35 €
- A general project on the topic of dissertation work
- A list of professional and scientific (art) works published to the specific date
- Certified certificate from international language examinations
- The candidate shall specify separately at special attachment participation and success at conferences, competitions, student scientific activity (ŠVOČ), authorship of discoveries or industrial designs and the results of the interest activity,
Notes on completing the application form:
If the applicant submits the diploma supplement or a exams results statement confirmed by the relevant Study Department, it is not necessary to fill in the table on the 2nd page of the application form.
The applicant does not need to fill in the method of study.
Account for paying the admission fee:
Account name: Technical University in Zvolen
Bank: Štátna pokladnica, Radlinského 32, 810 05 Bratislava 15
Account number: 7000271101
Bank code: 8180
IBAN: SK19 8180 0000 0070 0027 1101
SWIFT code: SPSRSKBA
Constant symbol: 0308
Variable symbol: 81200003
(Note: the variable symbol will be generated by the system in case of electronic application is filed)
Approximate date of the admission procedure is from 02 – 10 of July.
The admission procedure consists of:
- the written language exam from the world spoken language (the candidate will state the language in the application form for PhD study)
- The commission interview. The candidate demonstrates the theoretical knowledge of compulsory subjects and subject of specialization - according to the chosen topic - in the interview. The question areas for each exam subject will be sent to the applicant after the application has been closed, together with the invitation for the admissions interviews.